3. Privacy, Personal Data & Cookies
a) What To Do With The Kids provides access to and use of this site and its related social media sites subject to the Terms and Conditions outlined on this page. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law.
b) What To Do With The Kids reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions at any time.
c) By accessing any part of this site, you should be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions in full.
d) What To Do With The Kids endeavours to ensure that the information featured on this site is correct and up to date. However, What To Do With The Kids provides no warranty, express or implied, regarding the accuracy of the information on the site, and does not accept any reliability for error of omission.
e) What To Do With The Kids shall not be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business or loss of profits) arising in contract, tort or otherwise from the use of or inability to use this site, or any material contained in it, or from any action or decision taken as a result of using this site or any such material.
f) What To Do With The Kids accepts no responsibility for the content of any site to which a hypertext link from this site exists. Such links are provided for your convenience on an "as is" basis with no warranty, express or implied, for the information provided within them.
g) Some of the content on the What to Do With The Kids website is interactive, in particular the attractions, accommodation and eating place listings, event listings, vouchers and reviews, and may be generated by a third party. What To Do With The Kids takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content posted, stored or uploaded to the website by third parties and is not liable for any mistakes, defamation, slander, libel, omissions, falsehoods, obscenity, pornography or profanity you may encounter. Although What To Do With The Kids has no obligation to screen, edit or monitor the content posted on the interactive areas, What To Do With The Kids reserves the right to remove, screen or edit without notice or consent any content posted or stored on the site at any time and for any reason. In such circumstances, What To Do With The Kids bears no responsibility for the cost or expense of the loss or replacement of content.
User generated content and submissions to the site
h) What To Do With The Kids reserves the right to to publish, edit or reject any User Content that you send us either via email, via the website our via our social media channels or in writing via post for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without payment to you - unless we have specifically agreed otherwise in writing prior to submission. This includes reviews, articles, comments, suggestions, images or videos. In submitting such content to What To Do With The Kids, you grant What To Do With The Kids a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, transferable, irrevocable and fully sublicensable right to (a) use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, distribute, publish, create derivative works from and publicly display and perform such Submissions throughout the world in any media, now known or hereafter devised.
i) You agree that you will not submit any User Content protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, or other intellectual property, personal, contractual, proprietary or other right owned by a third party without the express permission of the owner of the respective right. You are solely liable for any damage resulting from your failure to obtain such permission or from any other harm resulting from User Content that you submit. You represent, warrant, and covenant that you will not submit any User Content that:
· is unrelated to the topic of the Interactive Area(s) in which such Content is posted
· violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others, including, but not limited to, any copyright, trademark, moral right, or other third party right of any person or entity
· provides private information of any third party, including, without limitation, surname (family name) addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, Social Security numbers and credit card numbers.
· contains restricted or password only access pages, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
· contains a formula, instruction, or advice that could cause harm or injury;
· impersonates another or is unlawful, threatening, abusive, libellous, defamatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, obscene, harassing or otherwise objectionable;
· provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
· contains details of commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, and pyramid schemes;
· contains viruses, corrupted data or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files;
· the licensed used by us hereunder would result in us having any obligation or liability to any party.
j) You agree that all information supplied by you on this website is true, accurate, current and complete.
k) As a condition of use of the interactive sections of this website, if you have a What To Do With The Kids account, you will safeguard your account information and will supervise and be completely responsible for any use of your account by anyone other than you and (i) you are 13 years of age or older in order to register for an account and contribute to our website and (ii) you possess the legal authority to enter into this agreement and to use this Site in accordance with all terms and conditions herein.
l) Notwithstanding the foregoing, you waive any and all claims you may now or later have in any jurisdiction to so-called "moral rights" or rights of "droit moral" with respect to the User Content.
This website and related social media pages and their contents are copyright What To Do With The Kids, all rights reserved. Copying, reproduction, republication or redistribution is prohibited without express prior written permission from What To Do With The Kids.
To request permission, you may contact:
What To Do With The Kids (UK)
92 Whitby Avenue
3. Privacy and Cookies
What To Do With The Kids abides by the Data Protection Policy of 1998. We will not disclose any personal information to third parties, unless we have your permission or are specifically required to by law.
b) Personal data
What information do we collect?
· If you enter a competition, then we collect and store all the information you submit, usually including your name, address, email address and telephone number. We will only share this information if a) We clearly state in the competition terms and conditions that your information will be shared with a third party as a condition of entering the competition or b) You are a winner or runner up in the competition, in which case your details may be shared with a third party or parties in order to fulfil the prize. If you win or are a runner up in a competition, your name and town or city and the prize you have won will be published on our prize winner page for up to one month after the competition closes. After this time, the same information may be given, on request, to any third party who requests it by email. Your contact information (address, email and telephone) will not be shared.
· If you sign up to receive our mailings, then we will collect and store all the information you submit, usually including your name, address, email address and telephone number. By signing up to receive our mailings then you give permission for What To Do With The Kids to contact you directly with information on products and services of interest to families – including our newsletters and solus emails. We may also contact you from time to time with information on products and services of interest to families from third party providers – however we will never share the data you provide when you sign up for What to Do With The Kids mailings with any third party without your consent.
· If you sign up for an account on What To Do With The Kids to list an attraction, accommodation, event or eating place, we will store any information you provide in our database . Your personal email address (the one you use to log in to your account) will not be shared unless you also add this email address as the general contact email address on your listing. However What To Do With The Kids may use this email address to contact you with communications regarding your promotion through What To Do With The Kids.
All other information which you provide in the account will appear on the website and will be available for anyone to see. By creating an account on What To Do With The Kids to list an attraction, accommodation, event or eating place and saving and publishing the details to the site, you are consenting for the information you provide to be used in this way.
Cookies are small files stored on a computer that are designed to hold bits of data used to track information of your visits to and between sites. Cookies do not harm your computer.
Google Analytics cookies include: _utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmv, _utmd,_utmz
Blocking, restricting or deleting cookies
To block, restrict or delete cookies from www.whattodowiththekids.co.uk, you will need to use your browser settings. As each browser is different, please see the 'Help' section of your browser to find out how to manage your cookie preferences.
To alter cookies on your browser on your mobile phone, will need to refer to your handset manual. To opt-out of third-parties collecting any data regarding your interaction on our website, please refer to their websites for further information.
To view your cookie code, click on a cookie. You will see a short string of text and numbers which is your identification card.
Please be aware that restricting cookies may have an impact upon the functionality of our website.
Every competition on the What To Do With The Kids website has its own unique set of terms and conditions, depending on the prize offered, and the organisations involved in offering and fulfilling the prize.
For this reason, What To Do With The Kids advises you to read the specific terms and conditions every time you enter a competition on our site. By entering the competition, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions specified.
If you have any questions regarding the terms and conditions of any competition listed on the site, please email email@example.com BEFORE entering the competition.
In addition to the specific terms and conditions which apply to every competition on the website, the following terms and conditions apply to every competition featured on www.whattodowiththekids.co.uk and our associated social media sites:
a) When you enter a competition, What To Do With The Kids collects and stores all the information you submit, usually including your name, address, email address and telephone number. We will only share this information if i) We clearly state in the competition terms and conditions that your information will be shared with a third party as a condition of entering the competition or ii) You are a winner or runner up in the competition, in which case your details may be shared with a third party or parties in order to fulfil the prize.
b) What To Do With The Kids selects competition winners at random from all valid and correct entries and they will be notified by email or phone.
c) The Editor's decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
d) Prize winners names will be published on our winners page for up to one month after the competition closes. To find out details of prize winners after this time (name and town or city only will be supplied) then please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
e) What To Do With The Kids accepts no responsibility for any loss, liabilities, damage, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered in connection with any competition or prize.
f) What To Do With The Kids reserves the right at any time to amend or discontinue any competition, permanently or temporarily and with or without notice.
g) What To Do With the Kids shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where failure has been caused by something beyond or outside reasonable control. Examples include, but are not limited to weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, political unrest, riot, hostilities, civil unrest, supervening legislation or other circumstances amounting to Force Majeure.