Covering 6.5 hectares, Seaton Park is situated close to the seafront at Seaton Carew, an attractive coastal village to the south east of Hartlepool.
It was opened in 1962. The park occupies part of what was the Glebe Farm Estate, which was bought by Hartlepool Borough Council in 1949. It was laid out from plans made by the Parks Superintendent. The park contains a bowling green, tennis courts, playing field and a children's play area.