The House, Shuttleworth
The House was built in 1875, designed by the prominent Victorian architect Henry Clutton. It’s situatated in 500 acres of beautiful parkland.
Gillows of Lancaster made many of the interior furnishings and there are several magnificent examples of 19 century paintings on the walls, produced by artists such as Sir Frank Dicksee, William Leader, George Vicat Cole and Frank Holl.
Today it is a popular venue for weddings, conferences and as a filming location for period dramas.
Rooms are available for hire for weddings, business events and conferences.