Rugby World Cup 2015 - The English Sandwich
Have fun in the kitchen making flag sandwiches - you never know, it might be just the support your team needs!
ULTIMATE ENGLISHMAN’S ROAST BEEF SANDWICH
4 slices Roberts Soft & Fluffy White Bread (Thick Cut)
250g cold roast beef, sliced
2 tsp hot English mustard
1 tbsp horseradish sauce
1 tbsp fat-free Greek yogurt
Freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp onion marmalade
1 Large handful watercress leaves
Extra slices of beef, or red pepper strips, for decoration (optional)
1. Make the horseradish ‘mayo’ by combining the horseradish sauce, fat-free Greek yogurt and black pepper.
2. Spread two of the slices of bread with mustard and set aside.
3. Arrange the watercress over the other 2 slices. Dot blobs of onion marmalade on top.
4. Top with sliced beef. Drizzle the ‘mayo’ on top, and then cover with the other 2 slices of mustardy bread.
5. Press down gently and slice into 2 rectangles.
If you like, you can decorate the tops of the sandwiches with a St George’s cross made from strips of
beef or red pepper slices.
Roberts Bakery have very kindly developed a range of fun ‘Home Nations’ sandwich cipes for all the family,which can be enjoyed while watching this year’s much anticipated Rugby World Cup 2015! (18th September – 30th October).
All recipes have been developed by registered nutritionist Dr Carina Norris so they’re super healthy and well balanced.