What personal information do we collect and why do we collect it?
We want to make the service we offer to you the best it can be through the information you share with us. Specifically, we want to:
1. Make sure our site is informative, up-to-date and functions properly;
2. Ensure you are the first to know about the latest news, events and vouchers provided by attractions and third parties;
3. Get the most out of your membership
What information do we collect?
- If you enter a competition, then we collect and store all the information you submit, usually including your name, address, email address and telephone number. We will only share this information if a) We clearly state in the competition terms and conditions that your information will be shared with a third party as a condition of entering the competition or b) You are a winner or runner up in the competition, in which case your details may be shared with a third party or parties in order to fulfil the prize. If you win or are a runner up in a competition, your name and town or city and the prize you have won will be published on our prize winner page for up to one month after the competition closes. After this time, the same information may be given, on request, to any third party who requests it by email. Your contact information (address, email and telephone) will not be shared.
- If you sign up to receive our mailings, then we will collect and store all the information you submit, usually including your name, email address and general location. By signing up to receive our mailings you give permission for What To Do With The Kids to contact you directly with information on products and services of interest to families – including our newsletters and solus emails. We may also contact you from time to time with information on products and services of interest to families from third party providers – however we will never share the data you provide when you sign up for What to Do With The Kids mailings with any third party without your consent.
- If you sign up for an account on What To Do With The Kids to list an attraction, accommodation, event, voucher or eating place, we will store any information you provide in our database. Your personal email address (the one you use to log in to your account) will not be shared unless you also add this email address as the general contact email address on your listing. However What To Do With The Kids may use this email address to contact you with communications regarding your promotion through What To Do With The Kids.
All other information relating to your attraction, accommodation, event, voucher or eating place, which you provide in the account will appear on the website and will be available for anyone to see. By creating an account on What To Do With The Kids to list an attraction, accommodation, event, voucher or eating place and saving and publishing the details to the site, you are consenting for the information you provide to be used in this way.
Cookies are small files stored on a computer that are designed to hold bits of data used to track information of your visits to and between sites. Cookies do not harm your computer.
Google Analytics cookies include: _utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmv, _utmd,_utmz
Blocking, restricting or deleting cookies
To block, restrict or delete cookies from www.whattodowiththekids.co.uk, you will need to use your browser settings. As each browser is different, please see the 'Help' section of your browser to find out how to manage your cookie preferences.
To alter cookies on your browser on your mobile phone, will need to refer to your handset manual. To opt-out of third-parties collecting any data regarding your interaction on our website, please refer to their websites for further information.
To view your cookie code, click on a cookie. You will see a short string of text and numbers which is your identification card.
Please be aware that restricting cookies may have an impact upon the functionality of our website.
Where we store your information
If you sign up for a newsletter, we store your email address in MailChimp or Mailerlite, which are marketing platforms we prefer. If you are an attraction, agency or other third party your information will be stored on our CRM through Hubspot and our database which is hosted by Digital Ocean. We chose these systems partly for their commitment to security.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking or unchecking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
Your rights in accordance with data protection law are as follows:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
You can read more about what each of these individual rights entail on the ICO website.
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information What to do with the Kids holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected.
Please address requests to What to do with the Kids, 5 Rosebay Court, Guisborough TS14 8EB or firstname.lastname@example.org.